Green Hand® 项目
GP Cellulose partnered with UNICEF USA through the Green Hand Project® (GHP) to improve water and sanitation conditions in rural schools in China. For every metric ton of Golden Isles® fluff purchased in China from 2013 – 2019, GP Cellulose made a $1 donation to UNICEF USA. With the support of the Green Hand Project, GP Cellulose has helped UNICEF improve the lives of over 500,000 children in primary and early childhood schools in China, bringing our commitment to UNICEF’s WASH programs in China to $1.5M.
Based on the success of GHP, UNICEF in partnership with the Chinese government is continually working to make sure children’s access to safe water and basic sanitation is available. Lack of adequate sanitation in schools result in illness and missed school days. UNICEF 在中国的供水及卫生计划致力于通过以下途径解决这些问题：
- Building, upgrading, and maintaining water, sanitation and hygiene facilities.
- Instituting behavior change and awareness campaigns.
- Supporting health programs in schools.
What was accomplished in China
- 50 project schools created created water, sanitation and hygiene action plans.
- 50 project school integrated WASH into education cirriculum.
- 50 project schools developed disaster preparedness plans and climate change adaptation and mitigation action plans.
- 13 schools equipped with new gender sensitive and inclusive WASH facilities benefitting over 5,500 primary school children.
- 13 latrine facilities were completed in schools in Zhong, Zhijin & Sanjiang counties.
- Nearly 500 teachers and more than 35,000 students trained on personal hygiene management.
- With the support of the GP Cellulose sales team the Green Hand Project logo engaged 8 customers, which increased the visibility of the project.
有关中国的所有统计资料均由 UNICEF 提供。
©2019 GP Cellulose GmbH。保留所有权利。Green Hand® 和 Green Hand 标识均为 GP Cellulose GmbH 拥有的商标。